Volunteer at the Conference
The Midwest Catholic Family Conference relies on hundreds of dedicated volunteers for its success, both in advance of and at the time of the event. A number of volunteer opportunities are outlined below. If you would like to inquire about these or other possible volunteer opportunities, click here.
Volunteers may be eligible for a free or reduced registration. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-618-9787.
The Children’s Program serves children ages three through 10. Volunteers will assist the classroom teacher with activities and with maintaining a safe environment. The Children’s Program will run Saturday and Sunday with morning and afternoon sessions. Volunteers are asked to commit to working one full day. Volunteers must be 13 years of age or older and must be approved by the Children’s Program committee.
In appreciation for their efforts, Children’s Program volunteers and their immediate family will be allowed to attend the Conference at no charge. Volunteers also will receive their choice of a Conference t-shirt or an MP3 disc of all presentations. A pizza lunch will be provided for Children’s Program volunteers on the day they work.
If you would like to volunteer with the Children’s Program, please complete our Google form.
If you would like additional information, email our volunteer coordinator, click here.
Volunteer opportunities in the area of Liturgy, generally filled on a first-come basis, include…
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament– Volunteers are asked to “wait and watch” for one hour.
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy– Volunteers are needed to lead the Chaplet
- Eucharistic Procession– Young male volunteers only are needed to carrier banners and candles. Appropriate dress is required.
- Holy Mass– Volunteers are needed to serve as lectors, gift bearers, and Communion banner carriers. The Communion banner carriers generally are junior high or high school age. Appropriate dress is required.
- Reconciliation – Priests are needed to hear confessions. A letter of good standing is required. Lay volunteers are needed to assist waiting penitents to the next available confessional.
If you would like additional information or would like to volunteer with the Liturgy, click here.
The Midwest Catholic Family Conference choir is comprised entirely of volunteers. The choir will have a few practice sessions in advance of the Conference. If you would like more information or would like to volunteer for the choir, click here.
Whether you reside in the Diocese of Wichita, a surrounding diocese or even a nearby state, you can help spread the word about the Midwest Catholic Family Conference by serving as a Parish Contact.
Parish Contacts are asked to provide information, answer questions and distribute materials about the Conference in churches, to church groups and meetings, events and functions, and arrange for Conference announcements in parish bulletins, newsletters, and from the pulpit. A Parish Contact can choose to speak to the parish about the Conference, or arrange for a Conference representative to visit. All with your pastor’s permission, of course.
For more information or to volunteer to be a Parish Contact, click here.
Additional opportunities to volunteer with the Midwest Catholic Family Conference may be available. For more information, click here.